INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR SOLAR WATER HEATING SYSTEM
Our manufacturing process is based on years of research and machine development. Our production line is designed for fully automatic operation.
- Each roll of copper goes through precleaning and rinsing stages before nickel is applied.
- Subsequent to the nickel application the copper is rinsed again before the black chrome solar selective coating is applied and thereafter the surface is subjected to a series of chemical rinses after which it undergoes an extensive drying period.
- The quality department then performs a series of tests to ensure that our customers receive an excellent product.
- During production optical readings are taken every 30m to check Absorptivity (α) and Emissivity (ε) levels.These readings must fall within our rigid specifications of 0.96 ± 0.02 (α ) and 0.12 ± 0.02 (ε) .
- The continuous manufacturing process is the key to the consistently high optical readings achieved.
- The coating thickness is controlled by line speed, tank temperature and current density.
- This process ensures production of a much higher quality solar selective surface than traditional batch electroplating.
The Nickel Undercoat ensures
- Better Moisture resistance,
- Better adhesion of coatings on the base metal,
- Better control of emissivity and
- A long life for the coatings.