Solchrome Private Limited is a pioneering Company in the field of Solar Thermal Energy. The Company was established in the year 1984. The Company is engaged in the manufacture of Black Continuously Plated Solchrome Solar Selective Coating Sheets, Black Continuously Plated Solchrome Solar Selectively Coated TIG/Ultrasonic Welded Fins and Tubes, Solchrome Flat Plate Solar Collectors and Solar Water Heating Systems at its factory in Parwanoo, Himachal Pradesh, India. Aimed at import substitution and technology upgradation in the field of Solar Thermal Energy the Company, based on Canadian Technology, has produced and marketed hundreds of thousands of square metres of Black Continuously Plated Solchrome Solar Selective Coating Sheets. The same are widely used in the production of Flat Plate Solar Collectors manufactured in India. The Company’s products are also exported to various countries. Solchrome Private Limited is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Company.
We also provide solutions in the Solar Photovoltaic Sector with respect of roof top solar photovoltaic systems, solar street lights, solar home lighting systems etc. based on the requirement of our Clients.
Our manufacturing process is based on years of research and machine development. Our production line is designed for fully automatic operation.
- Each roll of copper goes through precleaning and rinsing stages before nickel is applied.
- Subsequent to the nickel application the copper is rinsed again before the black chrome solar selective coating is applied and thereafter the surface is subjected to a series of chemical rinses after which it undergoes an extensive drying period.
- The quality department then performs a series of tests to ensure that our customers receive an excellent product.
- During production optical readings are taken every 30m to check Absorptivity (a) and Emissivity (e) levels.These readings must fall within our rigid specifications of 0.96 Â± 0.02 (a ) and 0.12 Â± 0.02 (e) .
- The continuous manufacturing process is the key to the consistently high optical readings achieved.
- The coating thickness is controlled by line speed, tank temperature and current density.
- This process ensures production of a much higher quality solar selective surface than traditional batch electroplating.
The Nickel Undercoat ensures
- Better Moisture resistance,
- Better adhesion of coatings on the base metal,
- Better control of emissivity and
- A long life for the coatings.